Orijen Adult Freeze Dried Dog Food
BIOLOGICALLY APPROPRIATE™ FREEZE-DRIED FOODS
FREE-RUN CHICKEN AND TURKEY, WILD-CAUGHT HERRING AND FLOUNDER PLUS NEST-LAID EGGS
DOGS ARE BIOLOGICALLY ADAPTED TO THRIVE ON A VARIED DIET OF FRESH WHOLE MEATS, WITH SMALL AMOUNTS OF FRUITS, VEGETABLES, AND GRASSES.
- Nutrient-dense WholePrey™ ratios of poultry, organs and cartilage plus fresh whole fish and fresh whole eggs provide a natural source of virtually every nutrient your dog needs.
- Fresh meats are the foundation of our foods and all are delivered FRESH (refrigerated, without preservatives) or RAW (flash-frozen, without preservatives), then gently freeze-dried.
- Low-glycemic fresh fruits and vegetables maintain good digestive health and limit carbohydrates, while botanicals act as tonics and builders to cleanse your dog’s body.
- Quick and easy, ORIJEN Freeze-Dried Food takes only 5 minutes to prepare by simply adding a 1/4 cup warm water to each medallion and waiting 3-5 minutes for them to rehydrate.
- There are 20 nutritious and delicious servings for an 11lb dog in each 16oz bag, or you can break up a medallion and sprinkle it over ORIJEN dry food to tempt fussy eaters.
- Gently freeze-dried in our own kitchens without cooking or preservatives, to lock in natural, life-giving goodness and provide all the flavor and nutritional benefits of raw foods.
Chicken (ground with bone), turkey (ground with bone), whole herring, chicken liver, chicken heart, whole eggs, spinach greens, pea fiber, turkey liver, turkey heart, whole flounder, ground whole sunflower seeds, whole pumpkin, butternut squash, whole carrots, whole cranberries, whole blackberries, whole blueberries, apples, pears, plums, apricots, brown kelp, mixed tocopherols (preservative), chicory root, dandelion root, summer savory, peppermint leaf, ginger root, zinc proteinate, iron proteinate, copper proteinate, manganese proteinate.
NOURISH AS NATURE INTENDED
Your dog shares his eating anatomy with the wolf, which means he’s evolved as a carnivore, adapted for a diet rich and varied in meat (not carbohydrates and grains).
|Crude protein (min.)||36 %|
|Crude fat (min.)||35 %|
|Crude fibre (max.)||5 %|
|Moisture (max.)||4 %|
|Calcium (min.)||1.6 %|
|Phosphorus (min.)||1.3 %|
|Omega-6 fatty acids (min.)||5.5 %|
|Omega-3 fatty acids (min.)||1.0 %|
|DHA (min.)||0.2 %|
|EPA (min.)||0.2 %|
|Glucosamine (min.)||800 mg/kg|
|Chondroitin sulfate (min.)||800 mg/kg|
|RECONSTITUTED ANALYSIS (APPROXIMATE)|
|Crude protein (min.)||13 %|
|Crude fat (min.)||13 %|
|Crude fibre (max.)||2 %|
|Moisture (max.)||65 %|
|Calcium (min.)||0.6 %|
|Phosphorus (min.)||0.5 %|
|Omega-6 fatty acids (min.)||2 %|
|Omega-3 fatty acids (min.)||0.4 %|
|DHA (min.)||0.07 %|
|EPA (min.)||0.07 %|
|Glucosamine (min.)||292 mg/kg|
|Chondroitin sulfate (min.)||292 mg/kg|
NO SYNTHETIC PROTEIN
Made with 90% fresh poultry, eggs and fish, ORIJEN’s Biologically Appropriate™ protein level replicates the natural canine diet. ALL PROTEINS ARE 100% NATURAL. NO SYNTHETICS.
NO ADDED FAT
All fats in ORIJEN freeze-dry foods are naturally occurring in the high inclusions of fresh poultry, fish and egg ingredients. ALL FATS ARE 100% NATURAL. NO SYNTHETICS.
Made with 90% meat, ORIJEN freeze-dry foods contain very few carbohydrates, from fresh fruits and vegetables only, producing an extremely low Glycemic Load.
NATURAL SOURCE GLUCOSAMINE & CHONDROITIN
ORIJEN’s fresh poultry, meats and fish provide a rich and natural source of glucosamine and chondroitin. 100% NATURAL. NO SYNTHETICS.
YOUR DOG IS UNIQUE
ORIJEN features poultry and fish in authentic WholePrey™ ratios, including richly nourishing liver and heart, marrow and cartilage which supply nutrients in natural form.
For your dog to enjoy ORIJEN’s amazing fresh food flavors to the fullest, rehydrate ORIJEN freeze-dried foods by adding 1/4 cup (4 tbsp) of warm water per medallion, wait 3-6 minutes and serve.
To speed rehydration, break medallions into three pieces, place in a bowl and pour warm water over the top.
SMALL TO MEDIUM SIZE DOGS:
Using the feeding guide as an initial guide, feed approximately 4% of your dog’s weight in reconstituted food daily. Feel free to supplement with the occasional raw meaty bone.
LARGE BREED DOGS:
For each 5kgs/11lbs of additional body weight feed 1 1/2 additional medallions daily
PUPPIES AND PREGNANT DOGS:
- Puppies: up to 50% grown feed twice adult amount, 50-75% grown feed 1½ times the adult amount, and 75-100% grown feed 1¼ times the adult amount.
- Gestation: add ½ extra medallion per 5kgs of the mother’s body weight per day.
- Lactation: feed free choice.
In the unlikely event of leftovers, we recommend refrigerating them immediately and discarding any leftovers older than three days.
Each medallion contains 75Kcal.
My dog loves this food
My four-legged friend, who is a fussy eater, just loves this new Orijen Freeze Dried dog food. Instead of eating hesitantly and with persuasion, she now woofs down her food and licks her bowl clean. It is easy to prepare and highly recommended !