KOKOS Little White Paws - Organic Coconut Oil
This product is sold out
Healthy Pets are Happy Pets.
Coconut oil consists of more than 90% saturated fats. Most of the saturated fats in coconut oil are Medium Chain Triglycerides (MCTs).
Most of the coconut oil benefits come from the MCTs. For example, the lauric acid from MCTs in coconut oil has antibacterial, antiviral, and anti-fungal properties.
In addition, MCTs are efficiently metabolized to provide an immediate source of fuel and energy, enhancing athletic performance and aiding weight loss. In dogs, the MCTs in coconut oil balance the thyroid, helping overweight dogs lose weight and helping sedentary dogs feel energetic.
Below is a segmented list of health benefits gained from using coconut oil for our furry friends ( as listed by Dogs Naturally Magazine):
- Clears up skin conditions such as eczema, flea allergies, contact dermatitis,and itchy skin
- Reduces allergic reactions and improves skin health
- Makes coats become sleek and glossy, and deodorizes doggy odor
- Prevents and treats yeast and fungal infections, including candida
- Disinfects cuts and promotes wound healing
- Applied topically, promotes the healing of cuts, wounds, hot spots, dry skin and hair, bites and stings
- Improves digestion and nutrient absorption
- Aids healing of digestive disorders like inflammatory bowel syndrome and colitis
- Reduces or eliminates bad breath in dogs
- Aids in elimination of hairballs and coughing
Immune System, Metabolic Function, Bone Health:
Contains powerful antibacterial, antiviral, and anti-fungal agents that prevent infection and disease
Regulates and balance insulin and promotes normal thyroid function
Helps prevent or control diabetes
Helps reduce weight, increases energy
Aids in arthritis or ligament problems
Ingredients : Pure Cold pressed organic coconut oil.
It is best to give coconut oil with food. You can drizzle the coconut oil on top of your dog’s kibble or other food. The recommended maximum dosage is:
• 1/2 teaspoon for every 10 Kg of body weight twice daily, or
• 1 teaspoon for every 10 Kg of body weight once daily.
Start at a quarter of this and build up slowly.
You can use it as a body lotion and rub it over the skin.